Search - Custom Source Selection improvements
Social Content - Fixes to the #hashtag and @mention search fields
Influencers - Fixes to formatting issues with the email editor, ability to personalized emails and visibility into which Influencers have unsubscribed from Outreach emails.
News Digest - Introduced smoother unsubscribe functionality
Newsletters - Up to 200 articles per newsletter and article comments!
Mobile - Broadcast content now available on the Android & iOS mobile apps
This release we focused on improving the custom source selection step of new search creation. See the Critical Defects Fixed this Release section below for details of what has been fixed.
While we were working in this area of the product, we also took the opportunity to simplify the interface and we created a single Location button with a hierarchical way to pick locations, a more intuitive interface than the previous options of picking Continent, Country, Region, and Subregion. If you select a continent, the section will show which countries are selected along with it.
We fixed a couple social search experience issues that came up related to the new fields for @mentions and #hashtags introduced with the last release.
Social providers (Twitter, Instagram, etc.) do not differentiate between upper and lower cases in the mention and hashtag field. Thus, we introduced a small tooltip that notifies you that even if you select “exact match” and enter your query with uppercase letters, you will get lowercase matches too.
Highlighting on results for mentions and hashtags were missing, with this release we fixed that defect too.
We’ve been working to identify, investigate and alleviate the issues experienced with the email editor, namely that outreach emails do not reliably retain their formatting in all inboxes. We have configured a new third-party editor to make sure that pitches really are “what you see is what you get.”
If an influencer (private or public) has unsubscribed from your account, we’re now displaying "unsubscribed" next to their name in search results and also on their profile. We hope that this improved transparency will help:
- Explain open rate data (if you email influencers who have unsubscribed, they appear as undelivered when viewing the email analytics of sent emails.)
- Encourage regular maintenance of Influencers lists (removing unsubscribed persons) so email analytics more accurately represent your efforts.
Also added to the editor is the ability to make outgoing distributions appear more personalized.
This release brings a much improved unsubscribe feature to News Digest reports. News Digest now supports an unsubscribe function similar to that found in Influencers. Clicking on the unsubscribe link from the email will open a browser window containing our unsubscribe page. From here, users simply need to select a reason and hit the unsubscribe button.
This release brings two exciting new enhancements to newsletters.
To begin with, we have expanded the number of articles each newsletter can support from 100 to 200! It is worth noting that each section of a newsletter is limited to 100 articles, so in order to exceed that limit, multiple sections will need to be created.
Lastly, we are very pleased to announce that newsletters now support commenting on individual articles during the newsletter curation step! Comments can be added to articles in a section by clicking on the new comment icon. Doing so will bring up a screen to enter in comments to be associated with newsletter articles.
For newsletters that use the default template, these comments will appear in italics and slightly indented from the main article. Newsletters that use custom templates will have the formatting specified by the custom template code.
Announcing Broadcast (TV Eyes) content in the mobile apps! This release also delivers notification optimizations and general app improvements.
Additional Post Release Information
Critical Defects Fixed This Release
- Selecting a specific country in source selection did not select all sources under that country. We were missing content from those sources in the result. This issue is now resolved.
- When creating a custom source selection by using the "Find specific source" filter, searching for a specific source and then using 'Select All' option did not work for all the sources. This issue is now resolved.
- When a private contact is removed from a media list and if a release was sent to the same media list before the contact was removed, when viewing the release analytics, the email address would be an empty field (blank space) instead of that contact’s name. This issue is now resolved.
- When we create a custom source selection with one country with some excluded regions / specific sources the result returned might be missing articles from included sources. This issue is now resolved.