- Focus - Mobile Push Notifications!
- Listen - A small adjustment, a big benefit - keyword search simplified & additional tag fixes!
- Content, Editorial - Broadcast media - highlighted keywords & longer clips
- Influencers - 'Select all' contacts work has been completed. Plus, beat structure change went into affect!
- Newsletters - Summary section available!
Mobile Push Notifications
Push Notifications have arrived! In what is possibly the most exciting mobile release since the apps were introduced, you can now get instant notifications for any search or RSS feed on your phone
All you need to do is update the Meltwater Mobile app and you will see a notifications onboarding message introducing the new feature; you must ‘Agree’ to allowing notifications on iOS.
To set up notifications themselves, customers can go to Settings where they’ll find ‘Instant Notifications’ as a new option. Clicking that section reveals a list of all searches where customers can turn on notifications for whichever search(es) they wish; they’ll now receive a push notification when new articles match the search.
Features include the ability to mute the sound/vibration of the notifications for periods of time ranging from 10 minutes to 24 hours, as well as the ability to disable them without losing preferences.
There are additional important notes about push notifications, so please read this help center article for more details (MAGGIE - might want to create an article from our IKB article called, Meltwater Mobile Push Notification Details.)
When creating a Keyword Search, we have improved the entering of key words/phrases so it can be done without invoking the ‘Update Search Results’ activity. When creating a keyword search, the <tab> key now behaves as you might expect a tab key to behave with one additional (and wonderful) benefit. If you are in a keyword box and have not yet typed anything, you will be taken into the next keyword box when you click <tab> (or to the next possible field on the page if you were in the last keyword box). However, if you have started typing a keyword/phrase and then press the <tab> key, a keyword/phrase ‘chip’ is created and you can begin typing the next keyword or phrase. This has two benefits: (1) The search results are not updated prematurely which helps speed up search creation; (2) Creation of keyword searches is now much easier. If you press the <enter> key, the search results will update (as they had previously) but now you can just use the <enter> key when you WANT the results updated.
We also made a tagging fix so that tags can now include commas.
We have added some new and improved functionality for Broadcast Media clips.
- Keywords are now highlighted within the transcript section of the media player
- Average clip size is now larger
- Clip 'Start' is now approximately 3 minutes preceding the first keyword
- Media player will start approximately 15 seconds before first keyword
- Up to 3 minutes have been added to the end of the clip
- Max clip size is now 10 minutes
- A user can select all contacts in a search or list and add them to a media list.
- A user can select all contacts in a list and kick off an email to them.
- A user can select all contacts in a list and delete them from the list.
- A user can select all contacts in a list and export them to a csv.
Additionally, we have updated the structure of our influencer beats and sub-beats. This change went into effect on Sunday, October 9th. Learn all about Beats in this help center article.
In this latest release, we have introduced header summaries into Newsletters. This new feature will allow you to enter in summary text to provide context for your newsletters. The demo below shows this functionality in use!
Note that this initial version of summary headers is limited to 1000 characters of text. We hope to increase this limit in an upcoming release. Additionally, we will also be adding rich text editing controls to allow for more customized formatting. Stay tuned!
Additionally, newsletters no longer automatically change the date range during moderation when selecting between different sections. Previously, selecting a new section would automatically change the default range to two weeks. This could be frustrating for customers that were working with a custom date range that was less than 2 weeks (ex. Today, This Week, Last 7 days) as they would always have to change back the date after switching between sections. With this latest release, we no longer affect the date range if the range provided is 2 weeks or less.
Kritiske feil ... denne utgivelsen
- Intermittent issue with Newsfeed. RSS link of a Newsfeed would sometimes show blank whereas the XML link was showing all the hits. This issue is now resolved.
- News Digest reports were missing some specific RSS Inputs. This is now resolved.
To see previous product updates, head to the Product Updates section in the Meltwater Help Center!