As the world adjusts to this “new normal,” a majority of us continue to feel overwhelmed with the sheer volume of COVID-19 content.
Meltwater Mobile is designed to help curb that problem. Instead of feeling like you’re drinking from the firehose, you can create COVID-19 specific searches that cut through the noise and pull in a desirable amount of results.
This article looks into:
Ensure you've downloaded the latest version of the Meltwater Mobile app for your device. For Apple users, you can download the app via the App Store. For Android, you can download the app on Google Play.
Mobile Ad-Hoc Search
What about if you don’t know what to track? No problem! Meltwater’s ad hoc search function allows you to research on the go. On Meltwater Mobile, all ad-hoc searching is conducted by navigating to the ‘Explore’ tab and adding your desired keywords!
With Meltwater’s ad-hoc search, you can:
- View all News and Social Media results
- Visualize trends
- Detect if coverage is increasing, decreasing or staying flat
- Adjust the date range (3 months retroactive data)
- Apply a custom source base to the results
- Tag and Share content
Expand and filter results by Relevance, Reach and Date
Example: What is COVID-19 Contact Tracing?
The Mobile App's feature, What's New, highlights all of the new relevant stories you should take note of since the last time you checked the app. This is the equivalent of a real-time interactive news digest.
Protip: Make sure you've saved the search folders you'd like to review with What's New before setting up the following steps.
How to set up What's New.
- Log in to the app using the same log in details as for the app.meltwater.com system
- Select the Settings icon in the top right
- Under What's New, Select Set up
- Select your desired Reading Preference, either 'Yes, I want to see everything' or 'No, I only view top stories'. Select Next in the top right
- Select the Searches you'd like to be notified on. To set your priority order, either select your searches from top priority to last or use the three-line icon next to each search to drag and drop.
- Via the 'Stay up to date' notification, Select Yes to enable notifications.
- Toggle on to Enable Reminders and customize the frequency of reminders (example: receive What’s New 7 days/week at 6a CST)
If you'd like to further customize your push notifications, please review our dedicated article here.
Further help and assistance
As always, on Meltwater Mobile, you can visit our Help Center for product tutorials, additional articles with best practices on using Meltwater, as well as a link to our Live Chat, which is operational 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Take Care & Stay Safe.
If you have any further questions, feel free to reach out to us via Live Chat!