Welcome to your go-to-guide on Explore!
The article below walks you through the process of managing your searches within Explore. Read below to learn more!
Searches and Boolean
Explore allows you to search across multiple media types at once, review the results and gain further insights from the instant analytics.
How to build a new search
- Select Explore from the left-hand side navigation bar
- Select Searches
- Enter your first word or phrase into the Search box and press Enter on your keyboard. If you'd like to write your keywords in Boolean, select 'Advanced Search' on the right of the search bar.
- Use the three Keyword boxes to specify the words you want to include/exclude from your search.
- Adjust the Date Range and Search Filters (Further details below) to broaden or narrow your results.
- Select Apply Filters to review the content matching your keywords. If there are irrelevant results, add keywords to the three searching box to further refine the results
- Click Save in the top left-hand corner
- Enter a Name for the search folder and select your Search Type of News search, Social search or Broadcast search.
- Click Ok to finish your set up
Your searches can also be quickly benchmarked via the Compare option, allowing you to generate 'share of voice' graphs that compare the results within your searches, learn more about Compare within this article here.
Search terms can be structured using Boolean Search Language to refine the results, please review this three-part series on how to use Boolean via this article here.
Please review further boolean which is specific to Explore searches via this article here.
Using filters, you can narrow down the results of your search to a more granular level, depending on your needs. This article explains the following filter options in Explore:
- Source type: Display only results from specific media channels (such as Twitter or Facebook)
For further details into each of the Media Types which can be searched across within Explore, please review this article here.
We also have a breakdown of the countries which are recognised within Explore via this article here.
- Language: Display only results in specific languages
- Keyword: Display only results that contain a specific word or phrase
- Sentiment: Display only results with a specific sentiment (such as Positive or Neutral)
- Country: Display only results from specific countries and locations
For further details into how to refine and save your filters, please review this article here.
You are able to tailor the layout of your page via views to structure the page display in different ways. Please see further details on your options within this article here.
The analytic widgets on each tab provide you with further insights in the media coverage within your search.
For information on the widgets in the Overview tab, please review this article.
For information on the widgets in the Social Analytics tab, please review this article.
For information on the widgets in the Twitter Insights tab, please review this article.
Now that your Explore search has returned the results you are looking for, there are a few ways to sharing this content with others.
Once you've selected content, this can be shared via email () or by exporting the content to an excel spreadsheet (). For further details on how to export content to excel, please review this article here.
A Shareable Dashboard can also be created from your results via the 'Actions' button. For further details into creating this dashboard, please review this article here.
Thank you for reading. If you have any further questions, feel free to reach out to us via Live Chat!