The following guide is designed for the Executive Alerts system, alerts.meltwater.com. Don't currently have this additional feature? Learn more about it on our website here.
Below are frequently asked questions about managing your email notifications for Executive Alerts:
- Why did I get this Alert?
- How do I Adjust the Volume of alerts I Receive?
- I Stopped Receiving Alerts. What's going on?
- I'm Getting Duplicates Reports. What should I do?
- What if the System Missed an Alert?
Q. Why did I get this Alert?
Your alerts are sent based on the keywords in your searches. Sometimes, keywords will be used differently than you intended so we can always tweak, delete, or add new searches to hone your alerts!
For any alert that you would like to hide/see less of:
- Press the Thumbs Down button. Select any of the following to indicate why you felt like this alert was not useful.
- Use the box under Tell Us More to describe in more detail why you felt the alert was unrelated. Hit Send Feedback. Changes to your account will be made right away!
- Please continue to use the Thumbs Up and Thumbs Down buttons as the system learns from your feedback!
Q. How to I adjust the volume of alerts I receive?
You should typically receive the top 5-10 opportunities or threats each day. To adjust the number of real-time alerts, go to Settings > Personal Settings > Notifications.
Q. I stopped receiving alerts. What's going on?
If you are a new customer:
Welcome to Executive Alerts! You may not be receiving your alerts in your inbox because your account has not been confirmed. Please follow these quick steps:
- Confirm your account and create a password through the invitation email that was sent. (The subject line is "Confirmation instructions" - please check your spam)
- If you cannot find the email, we can re-send the confirmation. Go to this page to submit your email address.
- If you still have issues confirming your account, please contact your Client Success Representative directly.
If you are a returning user:
Uh oh! We definitely want to get to the bottom of this issue.
Please check to make sure our alerts are not ending up in your Spam folder. If you are using a corporate email server, be sure your IT department has whitelisted "email@example.com."
Q. I'm getting duplicate alerts. What should I do?
We definitely want to know if this issue persists. Please use the Thumbs Down button to submit feedback.
Select Technical issues and write a brief description under Tell Us More. Once you hit Send Feedback, your Client Success Representative will contact you shortly.
Q. What is the System Missing an Alert?
An alert may be missing due to the following issues:
- Email delivery issue
- If you have stopped receiving your alerts for a few days, please contact us via Live Chat. It may have to do with your email system blocking Executive Alerts emails.
- Threshold issue
- If you believe we missed a specific alert, it may be because of certain thresholds that were placed on your account and its searches. Please contact us via Live Chat, we will be able to answer your question regarding this matter.
Thank you for reading. If you have any further questions, feel free to reach out to us via Live Chat!