Welcome to the Add Content feature spotlight. This article will walk you through the following:
- What is the Add Content Feature/Why would you use Add Content?
- How do I Add Content
- Additional Tips to use Add Content
What is the Add Content Feature and why would I use it?
This feature allows you to add any document into our system as long as it can be accessed by its own URL. The added content will be available only to your account and you may use it throughout the product: Newsletter, Newsfeed, Source Selection for a Search, Dashboards, Exports/Reports, Tags, Mobile, etc.
How or why would you use this feature? Let's say you have a monthly newsletter you send out and you include posts from an internal blog. With the Add Content Feature, you can add that blog post into our system and have it sent out with the rest of your news/social media.
Another reason you might wish to add content would be to include a document that is not already in the Meltwater System. If you would like to include an article that was not pulled into your inbox, simply add it with the Add Content Feature.
How to Add Content:
- Go to "Settings"
- Click the 'Add Content' button (this will bring up a window from which you can input any URL which starts with http:// or https:// and select the type of document you are adding)
- If the document already exists in the Meltwater system, you will have the option to select it and add it to your list of Added Content; this becomes a 'private' copy of the document for your account.
- You may also change the text of the title, description, etc. in order to represent the document as you would like it to appear in your outputs.
- If the document you want to add isn't already in our system, you can click 'Not in the list, add manually'.
- Enter the information about the content you are adding, or edit an existing document's information.
- Fields to be filled out include the Title, Description (article text) and Date. Clicking the 'Advanced' link opens up the Image URL, Source, Influencer/author, and Country fields. The Title and Date fields are required.
- When you click 'OK', the content will begin to process from anywhere between 30 seconds to 1-2 minutes. You may continue to use Meltwater as it is processing.
- To interact with the document on the Add Content page (Tag, Share), you will have to refresh the page. When the document is available it will appear in the Add Content content stream.
- If you want this document to show up in one of your searches, the text you enter should fit the criteria of the search query.
- When the document is enriched, we base the enrichment on the information you provide.
- It is possible for the document to error when sent to the enrichment pipeline. If this happens you will receive an error state (which you may dismiss). You will need to add the document again.
- The document can now be used anywhere throughout the Meltwater application, such as in the Newsletter:
Additional Tips to Utilize Add Content
You can modify and customize any document in the system to create your desired output. For example, you can:
- change the image displayed in the content stream
- change the title "Featured Article: XYZ" vs. "XYZ"
- change the description (ingress)
You can add content not already in the Meltwater system and retrieve it with one of your searches. You can create a dashboard from those search results, and the added content will display in any dashboard widget, export, and/or report.
If you have content you want to add to Meltwater that is not already hosted somewhere (does not have a URL), we encourage you to use any free or paid hosting platform to host your content online. You will be able to use that URL in the add content flow and have it show up in your account.
Thank you for reading more about Adding Content. We hope you enjoy the feature!