Need access to your data outside of Meltwater to create a report? Whether you're using Tableau to mine content for patterns or you're relying on an offline process for building earned media reports, we help you export data from Meltwater. Below we'll cover two ways export content-related data via the content stream actions and from a dashboard widget.
Check out this product tutorial which will walk you through these steps on your screen, or follow the simple steps below:
Export from the Content Stream
- Within Search, Inbox or Explore, load the articles you'd like to export
- Via the tick box, select the articles. Use the select all tick box to include all the coverage for the date range set.
- From the quick toolbar, select the Export icon
- An Excel report will then be emailed the address you used to log into the platform
Export from a Dashboard Widget
- Hover over the widget and select the blue arrow to load a larger view
- Select the Export button on the top right
- You can export the widget as a PDF, Image, Excel (Raw Data) or Excel (Analytics)
Take a look at the image below for a quick run-through:
The processing time of your request will depend on the amount of data requested. You should receive an email with a link to download the report within minutes of your request. Check your spam folder, if necessary.
Exporting on a MAC without Excel troubleshooting
When exporting data, after a few minutes you will receive an email with a link provided to download its content. If your Safari browser is trying to open the file within the browser rather than downloading the file, please follow the below steps:
- Right-click (or control-click) the 'Download Report' link in the email and go to 'Save Link As...' and save the file to a location convenient for quick and easy access (Downloads folder or Desktop folder, for example)
- Copy the link in the email that is posted under the text "You can also copy and paste the following URL into your browser:" and paste the link into another browser, such as Google Chrome or Firefox, which will then download the file automatically to their computer
- Copy the contents that are displayed on the page and paste it into Excel manually
Thank you for reading. If you have any further questions, feel free to reach out to us via Live Chat!