More updates have been made for the general experience of the application, making it easier for you to be the most productive when using Meltwater.
- Save Default Account: No longer do you have to take time finding the correct account to log into. Select the Default Account from the “Personal Settings” menu.
- Minor Usability Improvements:
- The “Timezone” field in the “Manage Users” table has been condensed to allow for more space to add other user information in the future.
- A “Personal Settings” menu item was added to the user menu (accessed when clicking the top right button.
Exports are continuing to be improved. These are the fixes made to exports in this release:
- Date Column in CSV Exports: The date column in CSV exports was unable to be converted into a “Date” format, making sorting by date difficult. That has been fixed and sorting by date should be much easier.
- Empty Searches: Previously, when including a search with zero results in a Dashboard widget, the Raw Data or Analytics Export would fail to be generated. That has been resolved.
- List Management: The find filter for Influencers is in more places! For example, in keyword searches, you can filter the results for specific sources, beats, locations, and more and use “Select All” to place those in the same media list.
With this release, you will have the ability to do much more with sent newsletters than before.
Note: Sent newsletters will only be accessible up to 60 days after it is sent.
- View sent newsletter: Clicking on a sent newsletter distribution opens a window that displays the content of the HTML email. See the historic content of the newsletter.
- Resend sent newsletter: You can click the icon in the top right of the window to resend the newsletter. You can change the subject line and select a new recipient list to send it to.
- Show sent newsletter link: You can access a link that you can use to share the sent newsletter with others.
Automated newsletters have also received updates allowing for better control over when each distribution will be sent out.
- Pause/resume automated newsletter: When selecting an automated newsletter from the table of newsletters a pause button is included in the options. Click this button to pause the automated newsletter from sending a distributing. Click the play button to resume the sending of distributions.
- Timezone control for automated newsletters: When setting the days and times to send automated newsletters, you can set which timezone to follow. This ensures that the newsletter is sent at the most accurate time.
Other improvements to newsletter creation:
- Since Last Send filter: When picking content to include in the next newsletter distribution, you will be able to set the date range of the content to only include articles since the newsletter was last sent. This option can be found in the date drop down for the section content.
- HTML article comments: Article comments can be formatted using a set of HTML tags including: <b>, <strong>, <em>, <i>, <font>, <u>, <p>, <a>, and <br>. You can now fully customize the context for each of their articles.
- Articles moved to collapsed sections: You can now move articles to collapsed sections. No need to scroll through all of their content just to move an article.
- Additional menu elements (triple dot): The newsletter menu now matches other menus in the application. You can also access the options for a newsletter by clicking on the three vertical dots to the right of the listing.
- ESC key does not close newswire set up: No more accidentally closing the menu when creating a newswire. If the ESC key is pressed during the creation of a newswire, the menu will not close. To close the menu, use the “X” button in the top right.
- Approval Status in Manage Accounts: In the Manage Accounts menu, you can view the vetting/approval status for your different accounts.
- Delete unapproved accounts: If the account has yet to be approved, it can be deleted from the account list. This method is currently the best way to start over and fix any mistakes or typos made during the account setup process.
- Social Reach: Social posts that include reach numbers (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram) can now be sorted in all content streams.
Android Top Bar Navigation: The Android version of the Meltwater Mobile App now includes three icons in the top bar. Easily navigate between ‘What’s New’, the Inbox, and Settings.