The default source selection is set under your accounts location (ex. "United States") for News searches and "All Social Sources" for Social Media searches. You also have pre-set options for source selections which are: All Sources, United States (or your default account locations), All Excluding USA, and USA Top Sources. For Social Media Searches your pre-set options are: All Social Sources, Twitter, Facebook, Youtube, Blogs, Product Reviews, Forums and Comments.
Check out the article below to learn how to further customize your source selection settings:
To build a custom source selection, follow the directions below:
- Go to Search
- In the search bar type out your keyword or phrase, or click on Advanced Search in the upper right-hand corner
- Select the drop down window that is defaulted to United States in the upper right-hand corner
- Click on Create New to the right of Custom Selections
Check out this product tutorial which will walk you through these steps on your screen!
When you build a custom source selection, you will have different options to select from. Below is a list of all options with a brief description of them:
- Source Type- Select from all sources, editorial content, premium content, us premium package, subscription content, editorial blogs, PDF formatted content, or our RFP database
- Location-Search from all locations, by continent or by specific countries. Within some countries you can then select from sources coming from specific regions, states, cities, etc.
- Language- Search by all languages, or set a specific language filter if you just want to see articles written in a specific language.
- Reach Percentile-Search publications based off of their reach numbers. Read this article here to learn more about reach.
- Specific Source- Do you want to build a search based off of just one source or a few specific sources? You can easily search by source and turn off all other sources where you do not need to see news coming from.
- RSS Feed-Build searches coming from a specific RSS Feed
- Added Content
To learn more, explore the Help Center further or find us live in the in-app HELP tab at any hour!