If you are looking for a way to measure and report on how much your media coverage is potentially worth, you can use our AVE Widget.
The AVE Widget is used by many Public Relations professionals to assign a dollar value to their media coverage. Many clients choose to adapt it, so we allow you the ability to update the numbers to your specifications in the app.
How do we calculate AVE?
The reach numbers are the unique visitors of each source based on monthly activity. This is delivered to us by our partner SimilarWeb, a leading Internet technology company that provides marketing data and analytics.
The AVE number uses a formula based on this number to derive a value. See the formula below:
X (the reach/unique visitor figure) * .025 (standard error, assuming that 2.5% of any given audience will view a particular article on average) * .37 (37 cents is the dollar value for each visitor).
The last figure can be adjusted if you want to place more or less value on each viewer.
- While this is a very popular Widget among our clients, it is important to note that this is our best estimate and it does not measure an exact value.
- By switching our reach provider to SimilarWeb we are delivering much more accurate results, but this may initially cause issues with your YoY reporting. We have come up with a strategy to make the reporting process as smooth as possible. See the point below, and if you have any questions or concerns, please contact your account manager or email email@example.com
What if I want to compare December 2016 to January 2017?
- We have created an excel template for this that can be used on an export of December 2016 content.
- This template will replace our previous providers numbers with Dec 2016 SimilarWeb data.
- This will allow the two time periods to be compared.
- See attachment template at the bottom of this article.
Thanks for reading more about AVE. For additional questions explore the Help Center further or reach out to your sales rep!