Welcome to the go-to guide for the Add Content feature. This article will walk you through the following:
What is the Add Content Feature?
Add Content allows you to add any document into our system which is hosted online by its own URL address. This gives you the ability to include content that isn't already within your monitoring without it being added to the wider Meltwater database.
Why would you use this feature? Let's say you have a monthly newsletter you send out and you include posts from an internal blog. With the Add Content Feature, you can add that blog post into our system and have it sent out with the rest of your news or social media.
When adding new content you can select from one of the following media types: Editorial News, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Blogs, Forums, Comments or Product Reviews
Once the content is included via Add Content, this will be available to be included within your Search results, Tags, Dashboards, Projects, Newsletter or Newsfeed.
How to Add Content:
Check out this product tutorial which will walk you through these steps on your screen!
- Select Content from the left-hand side navigation bar
- Select Add Content
- On the Added Content page, Select Add Content from the top right corner
- Enter the URL address of the content with http:// or https:// and select the type of document you are adding. Select Ok
- If the document already exists in the Meltwater system, you will have the option to select it and add it to your list of Added Content; this becomes a 'private' copy of the document for your account.
- Enter the following details:
- Title (140 characters)
- Description text details(1,000 characters). If you would like this content to match with your search results, ensure you add the keywords within the description which are also within your monitoring folders. Pro Tip: Copy and Paste all the text from the article into the description.
- Image URL
- Source Country. If you would like this content to match with your search results, ensure you add the country details which are included in your search's sourcebase.
- Publish Date
- If you'd like to include the new content within a new or existing Tag, Select Add Tags
Pro Tip: You can clear all the completed fields to start over at any point via the 'Clear Form' button in the top right of the content form.
- Select Ok. The content will begin to process from anywhere between 30 seconds to 1-2 minutes. You may continue to use Meltwater as it is processing. When the document is available it will appear in the Add Content content stream.
The document can now be used anywhere throughout the Meltwater application, such as in the Newsletter:
If the article isn't appearing in the search folder you want it to, please check:
- Keywords. Are the keywords within the search folder and within the article matching?
- Sourcebase. When reviewing the search folder, check that the source base selected matches the country you entered when completing the add content form?
- Date. Does the date range within your search folder include the date you entered when completing the add content form?
If you've reviewed these factors and still can't see the article, please reach out to our team via Live Chat within the Help button for further assistance.
Additional Tips to Utilize Add Content
You can modify and customize any document in the system to create your desired output. For example, you can:
- change the image displayed in the content stream
- change the title "Featured Article: XYZ" vs. "XYZ"
- change the description (ingress)
You can add content not already in the Meltwater system and retrieve it with one of your searches. You can create a dashboard from those search results, and the added content will display in any dashboard widget, export, and/or report.
If you have content you want to add to Meltwater that is not already hosted somewhere (does not have a URL), we encourage you to use any free or paid hosting platform to host your content online. You will be able to use that URL in the add content flow and have it show up in your account.
*Important Note: Added content will pull through a desired search folder based off the title or description. The title or description in added content MUST contain a keyword that matches the Boolean criteria for the content to show up in a specific search folder.
Thank you for reading. If you have any further questions, feel free to reach out to us via Live Chat!