Check out the article below to learn how to change your source selection settings:
- What is the default source selection setting?
- What are the pre-set source selections?
- What are considered Top Sources?
- Where do I go to build a custom source selection?
- What are my custom Source Selection options?
The default source selection will always be set under your accounts location (ex. "United States") for News searches and "All Social Sources" for Social Media searches.
For News Searches, your pre-set source selection options are: All Sources, United States (or your default account location), All excluding USA, and USA Top Sources.
For Social Media searches, your pre-set options are: All Social Sources, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Blogs, Product Reviews, Forums, and Comments.
To build a custom source selection, follow the directions below:
- Go to "Search"
- In the search bar type out your keyword or phrase, or click on "Advanced Search" in the upper right-hand corner
- Select the drop down window that is defaulted to "United States" in the upper right-hand corner
- Click on "Create New" to the right of Custom Selections
When you build a custom source selection, you will have different options to select from. Below is a list of all options with a brief description of them:
- Source Type- Select from all sources, editorial content, premium content, us premium package, subscription content, editorial blogs, PDF formatted content, or our RFP database
- Location-Search from all locations, by continent or by specific countries. Within some countries you can then select from sources coming from specific regions, states, cities, etc.
- Language- Search by all languages, or set a specific language filter if you just want to see articles written in a specific language.
- Reach Percentile-Search publications based off of their reach numbers. Read this article here to learn more about reach.
- Specific Source- Do you want to build a search based off of just one source or a few specific sources? You can easily search by source and turn off all other sources where you do not need to see news coming from.
- RSS Feed-Build searches coming from a specific RSS Feed
- Added Content
Thanks for reading more on Custom Source Selections! If you have any additional questions explore the help center further or email email@example.com.