Welcome to your go-to guide for the Search Tab. The article below will cover the following:
What is a Search?
The Search function is the foundation of your Meltwater Service. A Search will help you locate and track the editorial or social coverage that is important to your business. You can run a continuous search/report or run a search for ad hoc research purposes.
Once you create a search, you can customise it by adding filters to define the source selection including: source type and name, continent, country, language, and more.
*If you are looking for a more advanced form of running searches to find even more targeted results, check out our article on Boolean.
How to Create a Search
- Start on the Search Tab and select one of the two content types – News or Social – in the Search box drop down. The default selection is News.
- Enter a word or phrase into the Search box and press enter to create a list of searchable keyword or phrase and click search.
- Use the three Keywords boxes to store the words you want to include in or exclude from your search. Above the Keyword boxes you will see common phrases that are related to your search. You can drag and drop these words into any of the Keywords boxes. Likewise, you can manually add words simply clicking into anyone of the Keyword boxes and typing in your entry.3. Once you create a search, you can customize it by adding filters to define the source selection including: source type and name, continent, country, language, and more.
*Important Note: Case insensitivity
Social providers (Twitter, Instagram, etc.) do not differentiate between upper and lower cases in the mention and hashtag field. If you select “exact match” and enter your query with uppercase letters, you will get lowercase matches as well.
Should you need to sift through the data using Boolean logic, you can directly add Boolean language to create a Search.
Edit/Manage your Search
- Start in the Search tab and select the Search Name you'd like to edit. Here, you can change the search name, keywords, and/or source selection. To preview your changes, click "Update Search Result" and click "Save" to lock in your changes.
- If you wish to delete a search all you need to do is checkmark the box next to any search you'd like to remove. You will then have the option to click the delete button above the search list and confirm that you wish to delete the selected search item(s).
How to export your results
If you'd like to export the results in your search, check out this article here.