Curious how to build a Dashboard Widget? Follow these simple steps below:
- Go to "Dashboards"
- Click on the purple "new dashboard" button located at the bottom right-hand corner of the page
- Select which type of Dashboard you would like to build and click "Build Dashboard" (you'll select searches to pull content from and name your dashboard)
- If you are building a Custom Dashboard, you will immediately see the "Add Widget" button pop up at the top of the page. If you are building a preset dashboard, you will click on the "edit" button located at the top right corner of the page and you will then see the "Add Widget" button appear.
- Select which type of widget you'd like to add (see this article here to learn more about your widget options)
- Click on "Add to Dashboard"
- Configure your widget by selecting your inputs, searches, tags, and applying specific filters
- Click on "save" when you are finished with your widget criteria
- Hover your mouse over your widget and click on the arrow to open up the widget, examine the results, or export the results (you must open up the widget for the exporting option)
See the image below to walk you through the process of building a widget:
Thanks for reading more on building a dashboard widget. If you have any additional questions please feel free to reach out to email@example.com.