If you haven't already done so, make sure watch our search training video here. If you've watched the video and still need help building a search, follow the simple steps below:
Check out this product tutorial which will walk you through these steps on your screen!
- Start on the Search Tab
- Select one of the two content types, News or Social, in the drop-down box (default selection is News).
- Enter a word or phrase into the Search box and press Enter to create a list of searchable keywords or phrases. Click search.
- Use the three Keyword boxes to specify the words you want to include/exclude from your search (below the Keyword boxes you will see that we suggest keywords to further refine your search. You can drag and drop these words into any of the Keywords boxes. You can also manually add words by clicking into any one of the Keyword boxes and typing in your entry).
- Adjust the Date Range and Source Selection to broaden or narrow your results.
- Click Save or Update Search Results when finished.
The example below will return content that must include "apple" but only if it also includes "watch" or "iwatch". To limit the risk of false positives we've added exclusion terms for "apple sauce", "apple juice" and "apple orchard" or "apple orchards" (the asterisk * is a wildcard).
- Learn how to How to add Searches to your Daily Reports.
- Once you create a search, you can broaden or narrow its scope by applying different filters. We call this applying a source selection. Learn how to target searches using source selection.
- Boolean search logic is supported to meet more complex needs. Learn how to master Boolean search.
Please let us know if you found this article helpful by using the feedback buttons below, and find us live in the in-app HELP tab if you still have additional questions!